ARLA/CLUSTER: TF2JB, a estrela da tarde no Cluster.

Terça-Feira, 22 de Junho de 2010 - 16:39:09 WEST

[http://www.qrz.com/hampages/b/j/tf2jb/CIMG0040-1.JPG][http://www.ira.is/download/attachments/1638979/Seti%C3%B0-vi%C3%B0-lykilinn-1.jpg?version=1&modificationDate=1244419716000]
                                                         TF2JB morsaði í lok ræðuhaldanna: "CQ CQ CQ. Velkomin að Skógum. 73 73 73".

In early 2007 I returned to amateur radio as TF2JB after rather a long break. It's great to be back and I've been pleased to discover all the activity on the bands. I'm mostly active on CW on HF and VHF (6 meters) but every now and then I will use Phone; and whenever possible I like to participate in contests.

I hold an amateur radio license No. 80 in Iceland and have been a ham since January 11, 1974 when TF3JB was issued by the Icelandic Post and Telecommunication Authority (PTA). The TF2JB license was issued on January 27, 2007 when I moved to the TF2 call area. Privileges include all bands, all emission types and full RF power.

I have been a member of the national amateur radio association, Íslenskir radíóamatörar (Í.R.A.) since 1973. From 1975 to 1989 I served on the board as an elected officer as well as being editor of our ham magazine CQ TF. During that era I also had the pleasure to teach Morse code, participated in contests from TF3JB, TF3WW, TF3IRA (and more) and initiated activity from rare call areas with special callsigns, such as TF4F (Flatey island) and TF6M (Klaustur). On May 23, 2009, I was elected chairman of the association for a term of one year. At the 2010 general meeting, I was entrusted to continue to lead the assocation for another term, i.e. until 2011.

During our stay in the United States (1990-1994) I was granted a reciprocal permit by the FCC. It was great to be able to operate in the States. It was also quite an experience to have the opportunity to visit ARRL headquarters and the W1AW radio room; having been a member of the League since 1974. We lived in NYC and CT; at which time I completed my undergraduate studies at the City University of New York (CUNY) and graduate studies at the University of New Haven (UNH) in Connecticut. Helga María (my XYL)  completed her graduate studies at UNH during that time.

Hvanneyri (my QTH) is a village of about 400 inhabitants. It is located on the south-west coast of Iceland not far from Reykjavík; approx. 84 km's by road. Nevertheless, high mountains make communications with hams in the capital difficult on VHF and UHF, except via repeaters. Hvanneyri is probably best known for being the main campus site of the Agricultural University of Iceland; located not far from the historical site at Reykholt.

A QSL card is sure via bureau or direct. If you QSL direct, kindly include a self-addressed envelope with an IRC or 2 USD (sorry, 1 USD is no longer sufficient so 1 USD means that the card will have to go via bureau). I do not use E-QSL’s.

November 3, 2007: I have discovered that my CORRECT grid square is HP94cn. Consequently, the HP94bm printed on my current QSL card is incorrect. I apologize for any inconvenience.

July 3, 2008: I've just returned from the Ham Radio 2008 exhibition in Friedrichshafen, Germany. My 1st visit to this great venue.

73 de TF2JB.

Fontes : QRZ.COM e  Íslenskir radíóamatörar (Í.R.A.)