ARLA/CLUSTER: Antena Camuflada para 500 kHz.

Segunda-Feira, 21 de Junho de 2010 - 12:22:23 WEST

[http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Ot1q36B9jzs/TBqBH1SAwwI/AAAAAAAABzg/SMxY8rRO2ik/s1600/g3xbm.jpg]
Stealth antenna for 500 kHz

Roger G3XBM has published details of an unusual stealth antenna for the 500 kHz band.

He writes:

I've been using the earth electrode pair I use on the sub-9kHz "Dreamers Band" to receive and transmit on 500kHz.

For a diagram of this ultimate "stealth" antenna for 500kHz and below see my blog at http://g3xbm-qrp.blogspot.com/ where there is a diagram.

Nowhere is this "stealth antenna" visible as it runs along a fence 1.5m above the ground and up over a sloping roof for just a few metres. Most of the radiation seems to be coming from a loop formed within the poor conductivity chalk soil. This is the same mechanism that allows my 4W 1.8kHz VLF signal to be copied by ear on an 80cm loop 0.5km away across the fields.

Best WSPR reports running my 5W out 500kHz transverter (around 200uW ERP in the best directions) into this oddball "antenna" is -26dB S/N from G0KTN who is 210km away.

So, try the impossible - sometimes it may just work.

73 Roger G3XBM

G3XBM Blog
http://g3xbm-qrp.blogspot.com/

G3XBM 500 kHz page