ARLA/CLUSTER: Código de conduta para DXs (bem necessária por acaso)

Carlos Mourato radiofarol gmail.com
Quinta-Feira, 3 de Junho de 2010 - 11:21:59 WEST

The DX Code of Conduct should be used by all.
Over the years there have been several good but sporadic attempts to improve
ethical operating practices. So why should we care now? For one thing, most
people think operating behavior has deteriorated even further. Second, when
propagation improves, the pileups will be even worse. Third, those previous
suggestions, however well intentioned, were as voices crying in the
wilderness. Today we want to stimulate one giant CHEER, to get every HF DX
operator in the world to say, “*WE CARE ABOUT HOW WE OPERATE!*”

Why certain hams engage in uncivil behavior patterns is a bit of a mystery.
Most people want to be admired. Indeed most people want to be worthy of that
admiration. On the other hand there is desire for accomplishment. That said,
bullying through a pileup to make a contact is not an accomplishment that is
worthy of admiration

The relative anonymity of the process doesn’t help. The hams who hear the
poor operator are not his pals nearby who would criticize his behavior. They
only include the station he is trying to contact and others who are one skip
away from him. However, ethical operating means doing the right thing
regardless of who is listening.

*In an effort to restore gentlemanly behavior to the process an
international group of hams is encouraging that we all aspire to a higher
ethical standard by adhering to a DX Code of Conduct. We want to promulgate
this Code to every national society and then down to every club and thence
to every HF operator in the world. *
This is where you can play a role.

Check out our website at: http://www.dx-code.org

Tell others about it and e-mail your friends. Get your club to endorse the
Code and to post a link to the Code website. You can post a link yourself
from your own website or from your personal page at QRZ.COM. Consider
linking using our little mascot, Hiram. However you choose to do it, tell
the world that you are a ham who cares!

Be proud of our hobby and the ethics of our operating practices. Be proud of
your accomplishments but be respectful of others, especially those newer
hams who do not yet have your skills and equipment. They deserve the same
consideration you once received when you were younger. Everyone who has the
ability to generate a signal the DX stations can hear should have the
opportunity for a contact without being limited by impolite hams.

Our equipment allows us to be interconnected with people all over the world,
but it has also made us more interdependent ethically upon one another.
Let’s do everything we can to promote ethical operating practices and
gentlemanly behavior amongst the DX fraternity so as to increase the
enjoyment of all participants.

*What we DO is a reflection of who we ARE.*

--
Best 73 from: regards from: CT4RK Carlos Mourato - Sines - Portugal

Save the Radio Spectrum! Eliminate Broadband over Power Line. Salve o
espectro electromagnético!. Não use a rede electrica para transmitir dados.
Os "homeplugs power line" e a tecnologia "power line" causa fortes
interferencias noutro serviços sem voce se aperceber. Diga não à tecnologia
power line. Proteja o ambiente