ARLA/CLUSTER: Anuncio do QRZ Logbook

Terça-Feira, 1 de Junho de 2010 - 17:43:40 WEST

[http://forums.qrz.com/image.php?u=158720&dateline=1206118017]<http://forums.qrz.com/member.php?u=158720>
AA7BQ<http://forums.qrz.com/member.php?u=158720> [http://forums.qrz.com/images/statusicon/user_online.gif]
QRZ Founder & Publisher

Location: Phoenix, AZ

[http://forums.qrz.com/images/icons/icon1.gif] Announcing the QRZ Logbook
________________________________
QRZ System Announcement
QRZ is pleased to announce two major developments in its evolution. After many months of program and systems development, QRZ will shortly make available an online Logbook that will be accessible by all of its Ham users. In addition, we are announcing today that QRZ will begin issuing operating awards and certificates for all classes of on-air activities with direct coupling to our online Logbook and Callsign Database.

These new features will become available to the general public in just a few weeks after the completion of a test and evaluation period. We are looking for volunteers to assist with the initial trials.

The QRZ Logbook
Our logbook is fully integrated into the QRZ system. Every callsign in our database has its own log and all QRZ members may make log entries as well as approve incoming reports. When an incoming contact report is confirmed, it becomes eligible for operating awards credit. The Logbook system will be available to all Ham members, with or without a subscription. Subscribers, however, will receive additional capabilities including extended details, wildcard searches, uploads and downloads, enhanced editing, and awards eligibility tracking.

All current XML Logbook Data subscribers will receive access to the online Logbook. The XML Logbook Data subscription will include the online Logbook as a standard part of its features. All existing QRZ subscribers in the Premium, Platinum and Data Only categories are also included in this upgrade. Current subscription prices are to remain the same, with the basic XML Logbook Data package still at just $29.95 per year.

It should again be noted that no subscription is required to get started with the QRZ Logbook. Users can start building their list of contacts from day one by simply entering them into the system. A subscription can be purchased at any time and all previously entered information is retained, regardless of the users prior subscription status.

QRZ Operating Awards
Complimenting our Logbook will be a full array of operating awards based on confirmed contacts between QRZ members. In addition to contacts confirmed directly on QRZ, our awards program will recognize and credit contacts confirmed by other organizations including eQSL, ARRL, and more. A data upload capability will make it easy for you to upload your existing logs into the QRZ system.

To inaugurate our awards program, we'll be hosting a QRZ-100 contest which will recognize the first person to use our Logbook to make and confirm 100 on-air contacts with other QRZ users.

New QRZ Logbook Forum
Since we can expect a lot of inquiries about the Logbook, we will be opening a dedicated forum category with a number of sub-topics including General Info, Support, Q&A, New Feature Requests, and Contacts Wanted. The test and evaluation volunteers will also have a forum dedicated to their efforts.

Test and Evaluation Volunteers Needed
Our new Logbook system contains of thousands of lines of new program code. In many respects, this code is equal to, or more complex, than our flagship callsign database engine. Getting the bugs worked out will require a group effort and we need to recruit some hearty volunteers to help work out the rough edges.

All volunteers should be active operators who have experience with keeping and maintaining logbooks, both paper and electronic. You will be given simple test assignments to complete and will be asked to report on your progress. It is very important that you are willing to post your test results and feedback to the team so that we can get any problems solved quickly.

If you'd like to volunteer with the test effort then drop us line at logbook-testing  qrz.com<mailto:logbook-testing  qrz.com>

To join in the general discussion, please check out the new forum QRZ Logging and Contesting<http://forums.qrz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71>

Thanks and 73,
Fred Lloyd, AA7BQ
Publisher, QRZ.COM