ARLA/CLUSTER: Re: [BPLandHamRadio] Re: Claims that Australian broadband powerline regulations breach WTO treaties

Carlos Mourato radiofarol gmail.com
Sábado, 16 de Janeiro de 2010 - 13:40:13 WET

Hi
I bought a pair of CORINEX AV200
http://www.hantzundpartner.com/corinex/pdf/Brochure_CXP-AV200%20WME-F_dual_pack.pdf
PLC for  in home use,  for testing it in a severe RF environment. My job is
in a shortwave transmitter station, and I have possibility of testing the
PLC in an 3 X 250 Kw hall. During a 3 minuts  STBY for QRG change I  put the
PLCs in the wall power outlet , about 20m  away, waiting for synchroning,
and apply data. The speed was about 40Mbps. I expected that everything
crash. But for my surprise, only a  decay in the speed happened. The PLCs
remain synchronized and working altough a 3 X 250 Kw  transmitters are on
air in 3995KHz in DRM, 6075 Khz in AM and 11865 AM. Is unbelievable that
these divices, with a broadband SW receiver working in a hight RF field
strengh environment. At last, the AGC sould be cut the receiver, but no!!!!
It working!!!...In my QTH I discovery that the QRG of 24MHz, with only 100
watts crash the PLCs, but is only in 24MHz. In other bands, also with 1 Kw,
nothing happens
So the way to crash this kind of PLC is a big hammer.
I was big interferences from home plugs ( without any notchs in ham bands)
used by MEO in home TVIP, that make a hard QRM above 12 Mhz in any QRG and
up to 35 MHz, with a signal about S9+10/20.  Now fortunately, ANACOM, the
Portuguese Authority for Comunications, are in field, and I have the problem
near solved. 4 of the 6 PLCs that make me QRM was shutdown. Now I have only
a residual QRM about 5/5 on 24Mhz and 28 Mhz. I`m waiting for a new
inspection from ANACOM, for "KILL" all PLCs.

73 and happy new year 2010, witout PLCs QRM

CT4RK