ARLA/CLUSTER: A QSL é a cortesia final do QSO, mesmo que 25 anos depois!!!

Sexta-Feira, 26 de Fevereiro de 2010 - 15:14:45 WET

A QSL é a cortesia final do QSO, mesmo que 25 anos depois!!!
[http://www.g4kfk.co.uk/SM2ELN.jpg]
Delayed QSL Card

Mike G4KFK has just received a QSL card for a contact he had over 25 years ago. Is this a record ?

The RTTY contact with SM2ELN took place on March 14, 1985 on the 14 MHz band.

Mike recalls his memories of that time:

I was running a BBC Micro with G3WHO software which I'd transferred to sideways EPROM (who remembers those...?) with a homebrew terminal unit to G3LIV's design.

The beauty of the sideways EPROM was that you could invoke software directly from the operating system with (in this case) *RTTY (CR) which loaded instantly without waiting for the 5-1/4" floppy to spin up.

The radio was a Yaesu FT-757GX, and I have no idea what kind of antenna I was using in March 1985, other than it was probably a wire of some kind.

My interest in RTTY was sparked by near-neighbour Mike G3JKN, who had the de rigeur setup of that era, a Creed 7B with an ST5 terminal unit. There's no way I could've lifted a Creed into my shack, which was in the loft of my parents' house in Denham, so I had to do RTTY with one of those new-fangled computers.

Can anyone beat 25 years ?