ARLA/CLUSTER: Over The Horizon Radar (OTHR) transmite na banda dos 40m

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 10 de Dezembro de 2010 - 13:15:17 WET

Over The Horizon Radar on amateur radio band

John ZL1GWE has posted information to the ZLHAMS Yahoo Group about an
Over The Horizon Radar (OTHR) that is transmitting on the Amateur
Radio 7 MHz band.

He writes:

For a number of months, we have reported OTHR on 40 Metres. We have
ascertained that it appears to come out of the Northeast direction
especially at greyline period and then rapidly increases in strength
and intensity. 0730z hours onwards.

It sounds like a tractor across the CW, Data and Voice segments -
moving and alternating in frequency and bandwidth, sometimes there are
up to four separate signals reducing to two main ones. It is normally
called OTHSAR.

It is a form of stereo radar, used for detecting airborne targets.

We would appreciate any reports, related to this intruder, so that we
can make provide sufficient evidence to the appropriate authorities to
have it removed from 40 Metres.

We would appreciate reports and assistance to terminate this
persistent intruder please.

If date/time, frequencies heard beginning to end (bandwidth) and
signal strength would be appreciated and if anyone has the ability to
be more exact on the position (would be marvelous).

Email: zl1gwe55 at yahoo.com

ZLHAMS Yahoo Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/zlhams/