ARLA/CLUSTER: Faltam 6 semanas para o JOTA/JOTI 2010.

Terça-Feira, 31 de Agosto de 2010 - 15:41:28 WEST

[http://scout.org/var/corporate_site/storage/images/information_events/events/jota/the_53rd_jota_2010/jota_joti_2010_en/185548-1-eng-GB/jota_joti_2010_en_medium.png][http://scout.org/var/corporate_site/storage/images/information_events/events/jota/the_53rd_jota_2010/jota_joti_2010_en/185548-1-eng-GB/jota_joti_2010_en_medium.png][http://scout.org/var/corporate_site/storage/images/information_events/events/jota/the_53rd_jota_2010/jota_joti_2010_en/185548-1-eng-GB/jota_joti_2010_en_medium.png]
   53º Jamboree em 16 e 17 de Outubro 2010.
Jamboree On The Air

Bob, VK6POP, wishes to remind you that there's about six weeks to go until Jamboree On The Air.

Again some 500,000 Scouts and Guides worldwide will take part in Jamboree On the Air and Jamboree On The Internet.

Every year there is a theme for JOTA-JOTI, and this year the theme for Jamboree On the Air 2010 is directly related to article 12 of the Convention of the Rights of the Child: "The Right to be Heard". This year is the 20th anniversary of the Convention.

As in previous years, Radio Amateurs around the world will be invited to help out with a JOTA activity, and many will accept the challenge. We live in hope that Old Sol will grow a few spots in October, giving us some good propagation.

Nevertheless, only a couple of children can speak on the
radio at a time, so an interesting programme, based on the theme and the Scout/Guide award scheme, and worked around the radio activities, will ensure an enjoyable weekend for the young folk.

Unlike a contest, JOTA is not competitive, but it has the same excitement as a contest, because we know the bands will be well used, and whatever propagation exists will be used for maximum effect.

There is growing interest by Scouts in JOTA and Amateur Radio, so there's no time like the present to give the hobby a boost by introducing it to young people.

If you are approached by a Scout or Guide Group to help out with JOTA and/or JOTI, please consider saying yes. I would also like to point out that most States have laws relating to working with children, and I advise you to find out from your Scout or Guide Contacts what the rules are in your State or
Territory. It's better to do this well before the event to allow the process time to work.

Information about JOTA and JOTI can be found at the Scouts Australia International website
www.international.scouts.com.au<http://www.international.scouts.com.au/>

Look for the JOTA-JOTI Menu Item. Check this site for updates regularly as the event comes closer.
JOTA-JOTI is on October 15th to 17th.

Bob, VK6POP