ARLA/CLUSTER: iHAB-1 lançamento de um Balão de Alta Altitude

Quarta-Feira, 25 de Agosto de 2010 - 13:05:40 WEST

[http://www.oewf.org/cms/content/images/03d5e4565ed1671d1477d3d164d4aef3.jpg][https://www.jacobsschool.ucsd.edu/uploads/news_release/2009/magick_Balloon1.jpg]
iHAB-1 launch announcement

iHAB Project (Iowa High Altitude Balloon) will launch its FIRST High Altitude/Near Space balloon on Saturday August 28th from the Indian Hills Community College North Campus (Ottumwa Regional Airport).

We are meeting at 9am to begin pre-flight operations. Everyone is welcome to attend this inaugural launch of the iHAB Project.

iHAB-1 will be airborne for approximately 3 hours and can be tracked LIVE : http://www.w0otm.com/iHAB

or via the cellular tracker : http://www.instamapper.com/ext?key=13662000794391923371

http://mobile.instamapper.com/ext?key=13662000794391923371 (mobile version)

You can also tune to 14.066.7 Mhz and listen for the CW QRP Beacon.

I will be updating via twitter with throughout the flight. http://www.twitter.com/W0OTM

Please send all reports to w0otm  w0otm.com<mailto:w0otm  w0otm.com>

iHAB-1
Saturday - August 28th
1500Z - 10AM CST
Ottumwa Industrial Airport - [OTM]
IHCC North Campus - Aviation Building

Propulsion:
600g He

Payload:
Cellular based GPS Tracking
Boostmobile- Motorola i290
APRS - W0OTM-4
144.39Mhz
OpenTracker+
Alinco DJ-S11 - 350mw

QRP Beacon
14.066.7 Mhz (some shifting may occur)
Homebrew ~1W
PicoKeyer +

Canon PowerShot A470
Shots every 10sec - 8GB SDCARD

NOTE: ALL UPDATES WILL BE MADE VIA THE iHAB WEBSITE & TWITTER, WATCH FOR DELAYS/CANCELLATIONS DO TO WEATHER OR MECHANICAL FAILURES.

If you have any questions, I can be reached at w0otm  w0otm.com<mailto:w0otm  w0otm.com> or 641-777-7046.