ARLA/CLUSTER: Jamboree On The Air de 16 a 18 de Outubro 2009.

Segunda-Feira, 21 de Setembro de 2009 - 12:44:00 WEST

[http://home.hetnet.nl/~kava04un/Jota/LogoJOTAJOT09_rgb.png]<http://images.google.pt/imgres?imgurl=http://home.hetnet.nl/~kava04un/Jota/LogoJOTAJOT09_rgb.png&imgrefurl=http://stluketroop167.org/&usg=__K5OI3SMOvmUYEcaBN0VRUQl6sKc=&h=1327&w=1181&sz=138&hl=pt-PT&start=5&tbnid=vYV2yNl1pse1_M:&tbnh=150&tbnw=133&prev=/images%3Fq%3D52nd%2BJamboree%2BOn%2BThe%2BAir%2B/%2B13th%2BJamboree%2BOn%2BThe%2BInternet%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Dpt-PT%26sa%3DG>
Jamboree On The Air
JOTA-JOTI ... The world's largest Scout activity!
 52nd Jamboree On The Air / 13th Jamboree On The Internet 16-18 October 2009.

Jamboree On The Air is only a month away, and again some 500,000 Scouts worldwide, along with Girl Guides, will take part in Jamboree On the Air and Jamboree On The Internet.

Every year there is a theme for JOTA-JOTI, and this year the theme is Global Climate Change. Having a theme helps provide a framework for the weekend's activities. I look forward to hearing some interesting reports on JOTA 2009.

As in previous years, Radio Amateurs around the world will be invited to help out with a JOTA activity, and many will accept the challenge. Providing an interesting JOTA has been quite difficult in the past several years due to poor propagation, so by providing an interesting programme around the radio activities, an enjoyable weekend is assured.

We must remember that for Scouts, the primary purpose of Jamboree On The Air is to make contact with other Scouts and to exchange information about what they do in Scouting. As Amateurs, we assist for the same reasons, as well as for the promotion of Amateur radio as an interest or hobby.

Unlike a contest, JOTA is not competitive, but it has the same excitement as a contest, because we know the bands will be well used, and whatever propagation exists will be used for maximum effect.

There is growing interest by Scouts in JOTA and Amateur Radio, so there's no time like the present to give the hobby a boost by introducing it to young people.

If you are approached by a Scout or Guide Group to help out with JOTA and/or JOTI, please consider saying yes. I would also like to point out that most States have laws relating to working with children, and I advise you to find out from your Scout Contacts what the rules are in your State or Territory.
It's better to do this well before the event to allow the process time to work.

Information about JOTA and JOTI can be found at www.scouts.com.au<http://www.scouts.com.au/>. Look under the International Menu Item. Check that site for updates regularly as the event comes closer.

JOTA-JOTI is on October 16-18.

Bob, VK6POP