ARLA/CLUSTER: Nova versão do MULTIPSK (4.14).

Segunda-Feira, 25 de Maio de 2009 - 12:21:32 WEST

Hello to all Ham and SWL,

The new release of MultiPSK (4.14) is on my Web site http://f6cte.free.fr

The main mirror site is Earl's, N8KBR:
http://www.eqth.info/multipsk/index.html (click on "United StatesDownload Site").

Another mirror site isTerry's:
http://g90swl.co.uk/multipsk/

Multispk associated to Clock are freeware programs but with functions submitted to a licence (by user key).

The main modifications of MULTIPSK 4.14 are the following:

1) Coding/Decoding of Packet BPSK1200 and new modes Packet BPSK250 and BPSK63

The BPSK1200 Packet mode is used for satellite (as LUSAT LO-19 for example) transmissions in UHF (USB). But it could also be used in VHF (FM ) with a better performance than Packet FSK, in Unproto (APRS) or in connected mode.

The BPSK250 and BPSK63 Packet modes are experimental and could be used favourably for APRS transmissions in HF.

See specifications further on.

2) Addition of the "Prop ID" in the "Call ID" + Scanning

The "Prop ID" ("Propagation ID") is composed of a 6 characters call sign, a Locator on 4 characters "+" (precision: +/-0.5 ° in longitude and in latitude), the power level (0.5 to 500 Watts), the type of the antenna or its gain (4 to 19 dB) and the directivity of the antenna ("NW" for "North West" for example).

The "Prop ID" could be processed to determine the real propagation conditions, but the main use is to define the station.

The Prop ID can be favourably used with the new "scanning" function.

This function (in the "Transceiver" window) permits to scan the M1 to M4 memories (frequencies), monitoring a determined time on each channel between 10 seconds to 30 minutes,

For a quick guide to use Call ID or Prop ID, download http://f6cte.free.fr/The_Call_ID_and_Prop
_ID_easy_with_Multipsk.doc

3) Detection of RS ID or Call ID on a SdR

>From the Multipsk SdR window ("Direct via the sound card" button), it is proposed to detect any RS ID, Call ID (or Prop ID) on a 44 KHz bandwidth (between the yellow vertical dashes) and to display the RS ID or the Call ID in the SdR spectrum.

For example, with a SdR receiver tuned to a central frequency of 14.091 MHz, it will be possible to detect any RS ID or Call ID on all the 14 MHz digital band, i.e. from 14.070 to 14.112 MHz.

For a quick guide to use RS ID, Call ID or Prop ID, download:
http://f6cte.free.fr/The_RS_ID_easy_with_Multipsk.doc

http://f6cte.free.fr/The_Call_ID_and_Prop_ID
_easy_with_Multipsk.doc

Note for programmers: code sources of RS ID and Call ID, in Pascal, are available on demand to the author.

4) Possibility to control the transceiver through a TCP/IP link

In the "Transceiver" window, it is proposed the possibility to control the transceiver through a TCP/IP link instead of a DDE link (through Commander or HRD). In this case, it must be, previously, established the standard TCP/IP link used for exchange of data with the "TCP/IP client" program, located on the same PC (or on an other PC).

The last version of the software DXBuddy from Wolfgang (DL7NB) is able to use this interface.
See http://www.dx-buddy.net

5) Possibility to automatically display the received Locators on Googleearth maps

This applies to the standard decoding and to all panoramics (PSK/CW/RTTY). In this case, all Locators received on a 3 KHz bandwidth will be displayed on GoogleEarth. This option is available on the controls part of the world map (button "World").

6) ALE (141A)

Thanks to the ALE^Stat software (K4PWO, Perry) , it is possible, through a specific TCP/IP link (local address 127.0.0.1, port 23), to export reports of received ALE frames (Soundings, Calls and AMD messages) to the HFLink WEB page (http://hflink.net/qso/).

7) Sound through TCP/IP Multidem link

The Multidem TCP/IP link permits now to direct the digital sound received, from the TCP/IP server (Multidem or Gui_serv_Multipsk), through the TCP/IP link, towards the speaker. This function permits to, remotly, decode and listen the radio transmissions.

8) CW: working in QSK and CW "keyer"

The "QSK" button permits to work in QSK (reception between transmitted Morse signs), by leaving the decoding on duty during CW transmission.

The "Keyer" button permits to transform Multipsk in a CW generator (automatic dots and dashes), up to 20 to 30 wpm. The double-lever Morse key must be connected to the PC through the same serial port as the one selected to switch the transceiver.

This works only if the "Yes without sound, for big PC (by timer)" option is selected in the "MODE" window (click on the red button labeled "MODE").

See the CW (RX/TX) interface diagram at the address
http://f6cte.free.fr/Interface_for_CW.GIF

9) Addition of the "Very slow" 8-125 Olivia/Contestia/RTTYM modes.

Note about translation of Multipsk.exe and Clock .exe: the 4.13 version of Multipsk/Clock has been completly translated to Spanish by Joachin (EA4ZB), from French. The translation file is on my Web site (http://f6cte.free.fr/Translation_files.htm).

Description of the PSK Packet 1200:

The PSK Packet at 1200 bauds shares the same characteristics as the FSK Packet at 1200 bauds, except some ones:

* the modulation is a DBPSK one (differential binary phase shift keying), as, for example, in PSK31. DBPSK is better that FSK,

* bandwidth : about 2000 Hz

* Pmean/Ppeak: 0.79

* the lowest S/N is about +6 dB,

* very high capacity (up to 40 Hz/sec) to follow a satellite drift (using the Cat system of the transceiver).

This mode is used for satellite (as LUSAT LO-19 for example) transmissions in UHF (USB). But it could also be used in VHF (FM ) with a better performance than Packet FSK, in Unproto (APRS) or in connected mode.

Description of the PSK Packet 63 and 250 bauds:

The modulation is the same as BPSK1200 with a different speed.

The BPSK Packet at 250 bauds has a bandwidth of about 500 Hz and a lowest S/N of about -2 dB whereas the BPSK Packet at 63 bauds (62.5 in fact) has a bandwidth of about 160 Hz and a lowest S/N of about -8 dB.

73

Patrick, F6CTE.