ARLA/CLUSTER: KiwiSAT transponder on-air tests on the ground!

Segunda-Feira, 31 de Março de 2008 - 12:41:11 WEST

[http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~jpsl/images/Kiwisat_Photo1.jpg]
A Satellite Project by New Zealand Radio Amateurs
KiwiSAT transponder on-air tests

The KiwiSAT transponder is transmitting from the Whangaparaoa area with beam antennas pointing South.

Power is 2 Watts PEP.
Beacon frequency is 145.885 MHz

The transponder is an inverting type to compensate for Doppler shift (not a problem on the ground!)

Uplink is from 435.265 to 435.235 MHZ LSB (note the sideband). Down link is from 145.850 to 145.880 MHz USB

I have found that transmitting on 435.2544 LSB comes out at 145.860 USB.

As it's a linear transponder 30 kHz wide, any mode can be used, but FM is discouraged (but not banned), and stations are encouraged to try out the transponder. We would like to better the previous distance of 292 km from the previous prototype transponder.

Anyone who would like to set up a schedule can email me. Reports also welcomed.

Regards,

Ian Ashley ZL1AOX
AMSAT-ZL
Sec./Treasurer.