ARLA/CLUSTER: 'FFT-TV' - full-color video over HF.

ct1fbf sapo.pt ct1fbf sapo.pt
Quarta-Feira, 26 de Março de 2008 - 20:25:30 WET

Some of your readers, like myself, may live in rural areas where UHF
ATV isn't possible (My QTH is in a valley at 8,000 ft. elevation in
the Rockies). Fortunately for us, Con Wassilieff, ZL2AFP, has
developed soundcard software, called 'FFT-TV', for full-color video
over HF.

The frame rate is only 1 FPS (or less), but AVI clips can be
sent and received over HF for playback at 10 FPS (giving smooth
motion). The frame rate for "live" video can be increased by
post-processing with frame interpolation software. Hardware
requirements are the same as for SSTV.

For more information and downloads, try these links:
ZL2AFP's page: http://www.qsl. net/zl1bpu/ ZL2AFP/
ZL1WTT's page: http://www.qsl. net/zl1wtt/ nbtv.htm
WA6NUT's page: http://www.hamsdr. com/personaldire ctory.aspx? did=1139

See you on HF with FFT-TV!
73, Rick, WA6NUT
Buena Vista, Colorado

If you are interested in experimenting with FFT-TV you should contact WA6NUT
at wa6nut  arrl. net .