ARLA/CLUSTER: Radioamador Electrocutado quando instalava a sua antena.

Segunda-Feira, 14 de Julho de 2008 - 12:43:11 WEST

 Estatisticamente, esta é provavelmente a actividade, instalação de antenas, a mais arriscadas para um radioamador, e aquela onde se registam mais acidentes muitos deles infelizmente fatais ou muito incapacitantes.

È bom que quando nos dedicamos a esta actividade não descuidemos a nossa segurança.

João Costa
CT1FBF

-----Original Message-----
From: twiar-bounces  mailman.qth.net [mailto:twiar-bounces  mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Greg Williams
Sent: segunda-feira, 14 de Julho de 2008 4:16
To: twiar  mailman.qth.net
Subject: [TWIAR] Ham electrocuted in Kansas City

This is from the ARRL PR reflector. I hope this adds to the words of caution that Mike and I provided on tower climbing. It is so sad that this type of accident still occurs.

Plan for safety and look at the work area for dangers. These can be burried power lines, overhead power lines, out of date or inspection safety equipment and any trip hazzards. Tripping on a toolbox or having an eight foot ladder fall on you can make for a very bad day.

Think safe and be safe my friends!

Paul Guido, N5IUT