ARLA/CLUSTER: SPECIAL NEWS to all MMMonVHF USER; METEOR SCATTER SPRINT CONTEST 2008!

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Domingo, 10 de Agosto de 2008 - 09:31:49 WEST

Hallo dear MMMonVHF USER and friends,

please find below a SPECIAL-NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal "Make More
Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) issued because of our first METEOR
SCATTER SPRINT CONTEST 2008!

We attempt to distribute these NEWSLETTERS one or two times per week.
If you have interest to get our newsletters regular and not be
subscribed until now, please SUBCRIBE at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/nletter/newsletter.php

You are always able to UNSUBSCRIBE without any problems... Other- wise
please no panic, we will not floot (spam) you by mails ;-)

Here the SPECIAL NEWS to all MMMonVHF USER:

The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF in cooperation with the magazines DUBUS
invite you to take part in our new 144 MHz Meteorscatter Sprint
Contest,which will take place for the first time in the 2008 Perseid
shower.

The 144 MHz Meteorscatter Sprint Contest will take place each year on
the day of the from IMO (International Meteor Organization) announced
maximum of the Perseid shower. Participants may submit all their QSOs
done at 12th august 2008.
This will be a world wide contest and all HAM's world wide invited to
take part and send in their logs.

Contestdetails at  http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ctest.php

73's de Erwin/DK5EW
MMMonVHF: Beacon Project Manager + MS SPRINT Contest Manager

METEORSCATTER - thats the theme of the next 8 to 10 days!
Read all around that possibility to make long DX on 144 MHz in Theory
and as well in Praxis and get several Tool tips at our FORUM - Click
on FORUM and use the part MS or use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/minibb/index.php?action=vtopic&forum=10

Massimo, IV3NDC did just implement his latest articles about THEORY
and PRAXIS and Guy, DL8EBW for CONTEST and TOOLBAR.
As well our MS Propagation Page will be filled with latest Activity
News - we did implement a MAP showing the active stations in MS since
2008-08-08 00UT: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ms.php

UPDATING the MMMonVHF DATABASES for all of us continuous...

Again a reminder: as you probably have seen our SERVICE are only as
good as you are doing UPDATES at our different DATABASES.
Please do yourself the favour and check periodical following links:

MWS (MOST WANTED SQUARES) >>> http://www.mmmonvhf.de/emws.php
MWDXCC (MOST WANTED DXCC) >>> http://www.mmmonvhf.de/dxcc.php
VHF-DATABASE >>> http://www.mmmonvhf.de/dbase.php

and pass an UPDATE if you find anything which is incorrect...

The MMMonVHF VHF-DX-Portal will try always to be as up to date as
possible and try to reflect the activities...  Do have a very nice
PERSEIDS Time and hope to cuagn on the bands!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX
IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME