ARLA/CLUSTER: D-STAR: G2 Update 78 RPT, Version 2 Gateways registered- By Steve Bosshard

Terça-Feira, 15 de Abril de 2008 - 11:26:17 WEST

1. G2 Update
    Posted by: "Steve Bosshard" bosshard  gmail.com bosshardss
    Date: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:12 am ((PDT))

>From what I can tell G2 Gateway software does work.  There have been some issues with time outs that Icom and their tech support have been working to resolve.  Users need to contact their system op and can self register choosing their own private password.  This is a 2 part process where personal information also needs to be entered.  The GW2 link below will take you to your local repeater.

You need to accept the temporary certificate and enter BOTH user and personal information to be registered.

There are 78 Version 2 Gateways registered.  This does not mean there is RF attached to all 78, though.

http://dsync.dstarusers.org/GW2Status.pl

Also there are 44 Gateways still appearing on Version 1.  This number continues to decline from a high of 93.

http://dsync.dstarusers.org/

Many new systems will be coming on line with G2 - more than there were with V1 because of the relaxed need for a Fixed IP address, and a time lag between the end of Version 1 software and the start of Version 2.

K5CTX moved to G2 around noon April 7 (right in the middle of a contact with KB5NFT in Dallas).  We had a new duo core 2G + computer (to handle the added operation of web server, etc) and a new fixed IP Address so we would not receive Version 1 calls.

Hope to see everyone on G2 soon - sure miss the UK Accents....

73, Steve NU5D

Messages in this topic (1)

Please TRIM your replies or set your email program not to include the original  message in reply unless needed for clarity.  Thanks

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: