ARLA/CLUSTER: D-STAR, For the Second Century of Amateur Radio

Carlos Nora carlosnora.ct1end gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 9 de Novembro de 2007 - 22:13:45 WET

D-STAR, For the Second Century of Amateur Radio
*Southern California/San Diego D-STAR Presentation Video*

*D-STAR Presentation Videos*

Videos from a club talk on D-STAR, the new Amateur Radio Digital Voice and
Data mode, have been made available by the *San Diego Six Shooters ARC*.

Joe Acevedo, N6SIX writes:

Cecil, WD6FZA, and Ed, W6ONT, were the speakers at a recent Palomar Amateur
Radio Club meeting held in Carlsbad, CA. They discussed D-Star and
demonstrated some of the basics associated with D-Star.

I have added two video clips to my D-Star page from that presentation. The
first clip is of Cecil introducing the topic to the group before Ed's
power-point presentation.

The second clip is the demonstration of Analog voice signals versus digital
voice signals and D-Star's ability to allow text
messaging while simultaneously transmitting a voice message.

These videos can be viewed at:
http://n6six-hamshack.50megs.com/custom_1.html

I'd like to say that both Cecil and Ed did a great job, and I hope this
presentation provided the inspiration for a few more amateur radio operators
to go and become active on D-Star.

Let me warn you that there are banners and pop-ups on this site. The
web-hosting was provided for free, so banners and pop-ups are there, but
they are easily closed.

I hope you enjoy the videos and the efforts of Cecil and the Papa System in
promoting D-Star and making it available to us.

*73 de Joe Acevedo, N6SIX*
President, San Diego Six Shooters ARC
http://n6six.50megs.com/

--
73 e Obrigado , Carlos Nora - CT1END
Presidente de Direcção da REP
TM 963 076 931
NNNN
Copyright (c) 2007. Todos os direitos reservados.
A informação contida neste E-Mail pode ser utilizada para consulta
e difusão, na totalidade ou parcial, desde que mencionada a fonte de
origem e que não haja modificações nas suas partes.
Rede dos Emissores Portugueses
Fundada em 1926
Membro da IARU desde 1931
Instituição de Utilidade Pública desde 1980
Associação Nacional de Radioamadores
Página na Internet em http://www.rep.pt
E-Mail e MSN: carlosnora.ct1end  gmail.com
AHRAP-Historical Archive of the Portuguese Amateur Radio :
http://ahrap.no.sapo.pt