ARLA/CLUSTER: Polisario Front's odd fq.

Carlos L.R. de A.Gonçalves carlos-relvas sapo.pt
Sábado, 6 de Janeiro de 2007 - 12:43:42 WET

Wolfgang,

Maybe the 6458.2 kHz (can't say for sure whether this is the actual fq)
digital signal here really emanates from the NATO facility, as it's damned
strong: at full steam as I write this, 1241 UT.

As to being an odd QRG for them, sorry for being so plain, but I'd say other
items here are also odd, viz. the Polisario Fr. itself & NATO.

I don't think they're using an alternative equipment, what they're probably
trying is a better (lower fq) and simultaneously run away from the evening
mess on the 41 & 49 m, and since that even adjc. QRGs of those 2 bands are
being used by powerful BC stns, they chose that surely ignoring there's this
bl...dy NATO uty. stn nearby, too near from them.

73,
Carlos.