ARLA/CLUSTER: FW: [HFpack] EH Antenna Loses 99% of Signal to Heat

Miguel Andrade ct1etl clix.pt
Domingo, 18 de Fevereiro de 2007 - 22:39:08 WET

-----Mensagem original-----
De: hfpack  yahoogroups.com [mailto:hfpack  yahoogroups.com]Em nome de
expeditionradio
Enviada: sábado, 17 de Fevereiro de 2007 3:32
Para: hfpack  yahoogroups.com
Assunto: [HFpack] EH Antenna Loses 99% of Signal to Heat

> Dave GM7UED wrote:
> These EH antennae seem to be very strange beasts. A lot of people
> pour scorn on them whilst others say they actually work.

Hi Dave,

The EH Antenna promoters and marketeers have invited scorn by making
unfounded claims and advertising about high efficiency. I say
"unfounded" because they never published any actual measurement
reports to support their "high efficiency" boastings. Measurements by
independent entities have proved those claims false.

Indeed, the HFpack group was also among those who were misled by the
EH promoter. Here's what happened: I contacted the EH Antenna
promotor, Mr. Hart to let him know that we intended to enter a
homebrew version of the EH Antenna into an HFpack Antenna Shootout. He
requested that we not test a homebrew version, but instead that he be
allowed to enter one of the "commercial versions" he called the "20m
Backpacker EH Antenna". He had several months advance notice. As the
deadline for the shootout approached, I contacted him 2 other times
and he assured me that the antenna had been sent to us... the 3rd
time, he said "it was in the mail". In the end, the antenna never
arrived and he never actually sent it. Thus, he avoided having an EH
actually being entered in the shootout and compared against other
antennas in an independent measurement. These antenna hucksters can be
very tricky! But, soon after that happened, there were other
measurements and reports made by independent researchers that proved
the EH to be a fake.

It is important to remember that the reason there are so many
different opinions about the EH Antenna is because it needs to be
"properly tuned" as the promoters call it... actually, tuned in such a
way as to make the feedline coaxial cable radiate! So, the "EH
Antenna" isn't really the antenna, the coax cable is the antenna.
Different stations use different coaxial cable feedline lengths and
configurations. That is why there are so many different opinions...
because the EH is actually a "placebo antenna".

Like the EH, "coaxial cable feedline radiation" is the same approach
that another device called the CFA (Crossed Field Antenna) used.
Neither of these "acronym devices" were actually efficient antennas,
and they have since been relegated to the SOAHI (Snake Oil Antenna
Hall of Infamy).

Bonnie KQ6XA

.

__._,_.___
Messages in this topic (5) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic
Messages
New HFPACK GEAR STORE on the web at http://hfpack.com
Over 100 Items for HFpack Members...
--
ALWAYS Snip or DELETE the ORIGINAL MESSAGE before replying.
All messages should be friendly, helpful, and courteous.

--

.

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format
to Traditional
 19New Members
Visit Your Group
Emergency communication