ARLA/CLUSTER: Press Release from 3Y0E Bouvet Island

Quinta-Feira, 20 de Dezembro de 2007 - 10:36:30 WET

On 19 December 2007 Petrus ZS6GCM was granted temporary permission to operate an Amateur Radio Station for the duration of the 2007/2008 scientific expedition from Bouvet Island. The call sign will be 3Y0E. We would like to use this opportunity to thank Tom V. Segalstad LA4LN and Trond Olsen LA8XM, for the wonderful help and time they dedicated in obtaining permission to operate from Bouvet Island.

Secondly we would like to welcome Colin, MM0NDX to the team. Colin has donated a dedicated website for the expedition and will act as the webmaster. We are hoping to receive regular logbook updates from Petrus via satellite phone and will have a logbook search page where you can look if you are in the log. The official 3Y0E operation webpage address is http://3y0e.com/
The site is under construction and we plan to have it fully operational in a couple of days. Feel free to visit the site on a regular basis for the latest news from Petrus.

Emil Stoikov, LZ3HI has began design on the 3Y0E qsl card. Emil has donated the QSL card design and printing free of charge. He will also act as the official QSL manager for 3Y0E. Previews of cards  designed and printed by Emil previously can be found on his webpage www.lz3hi.com. We look forward to presenting you all with the official QSL card when it is completed.

3Y0E QSL information:

Emil Stoikov
P.O. Box 8
6000 Stara Zagora
BULGARIA

Petrus will be notified via Satellite phone off his new call sign and permission to start operating. We certainly look forward to bring you more exiting news in the near distant future.

73 to all and good luck
Rhynhardt Louw ZS6DXB
3Y0E Pilot Station and Media Officer
zs6dxb  kats.za.net