ARLA/CLUSTER: 2nd Amateur Radio Satellite from India

Segunda-Feira, 17 de Dezembro de 2007 - 18:05:54 WET

It is indeed a great pleasure to learn that Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is proposing to launch the 2nd Amateur Radio Satellite Delfi-C3 from India, during the launch window between 7th to 10th January 2008 on PSLV-C9.

Delfi-C3 - is the first nanosatellite student project from the Delft University of Technology, Netherlands and will give a big boost to spirit of Amateur Radio satellite communications in India.

I, on behalf of the Governing Council, members of NIAR and amateur radio community, would like to congratulate Delfi-C3 project team and Chair of Space Systems Engineering, Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands and also ISRO for coordinating, co-operating the launch of the 2nd amateur radio satellite from India. I wish the launch and the new satellite project every success.

Yours sincerely,

S.Suri,VU2MY
Chairman, NIAR

Amateur Radio Satellite Delfi-C3 launch window announced
http://www.southgatearc.org/news/october2007/
delfi_c3_launch_window_announced.htm

Amateur Radio satellite Delfi-C3 video available
http://www.southgatearc.org/news/july2007/
delfi_c3_video.htm