ARLA/CLUSTER: Portugal.

Carlos L.R. de A.Gonçalves carlos-relvas sapo.pt
Segunda-Feira, 16 de Outubro de 2006 - 22:23:58 WEST

Dear Ray,

Here's a bit of a laugh, or a sad thing, as far as BC is concerned...

PORTUGAL
Média Capital Rádio MW freqs. of 783 Canidelo 10 kW & 1035 Belmonte 100 kW.
The announced new format of talk/news stn for September didn't materialize
after all; the stn identified as "R.Nacional" returned from the dead after
the 10th July last as already reported by me, and the music they air is
Portuguese only (no problem about that), the 1035 kHz tx problems continue,
the new 100 kW Avanca tx for 783 is taking its time, so instead of taking
the air in Summer, 2006, maybe in 2007..., I don't know.  While that, the
Canidelo tx is a lament... vy. weak modulation.  Last but not least, the MCR
group decided to pump one of its local stns, viz. Foxx FM, into the MW txs
for a few days' time last week, but by this past Sat. however, R.Nacional
was back, alive & kicking!

Frankly, Monty Pythons Flying Circus - or the good old Mr. Bean! - are a lot
more interesting and funnier too!  MCR strenuous efforts for being funny or
sad are in vain.

Then, why not?, one could perhaps suggest them airing the several local stns
owned by MCR in turns, I mean, one on each day of the week:  Classe FM,
Romântica FM, Best Rock FM, Foxx FM, Mix FM, Cidade FM and MFM, leaving
R.Comercial on VHF-FM alone.

73,
Carlos.