ARLA/CLUSTER: Publicações.

Carlos L.R. de A.Gonçalves carlos-relvas sapo.pt
Segunda-Feira, 16 de Outubro de 2006 - 14:57:51 WEST

Neste boletim DX, retiradas apenas as infos. sobre publicações:
Klingenfuß e est. piratas/nostalgia...
73.
Carlos Gonçalves.
BC-DX 776                                                    06 Oct 2006

Reproduction of items from BC-DX / Top Nx is allowed, provided that due
credit is given to the contributor and to BC-DX / Top News.
Permission is granted to reproduce items of this document by individual
hobbyists or non-commercial organizations only. Any commercial use only
with prior written consent of the editor of BC-DX / Top News.
This file is put together on a voluntary basis and is also included in our
WWDXC WWW homepage-German AGDX Club-direct address:
<http://www.wwdxc.de/topnews.htm>
or via Link of Homepage: <http://www.wwdxc.de>
Both actual and previous week issue are available, previous week under:
<http://www.wwdxc.de/topnews2.htm>
e-mail <mail @ wwdxc.de>
#*#**#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*
(...)
New Klingenfuss products for 2007: A bright future for HF!

Dear friends,
we're in the sunspot minimum and daytime MUF fluctuates between 15 and 18
MHz. Recently, HF propagation conditions have been quite unfavourable for
long-distance communication. Anyway, new HF e-mail services, stations,
networks and frequencies continue to emerge on a regular basis. HF e-mail
booms and sce providers continue to expand. No other publisher considers
this revolutionary development accordingly.
We're now working on our new products
- 2007 Super Frequency List on CD
- 2007/2008 Guide to Utility Radio Stations
- 2007 Shortwave Frequency Guide
to be published on 10 December 2006.
Full-resolution title page graphics can be
found at
<www.klingenfuss.org/2007r.jpg>
<www.klingenfuss.org/2007g.gif>
<www.klingenfuss.org/2007s.gif>
The continuously updated product Digital Data Decoder Screenshots on CD is
highly successful and now covers more than 4,800 (four thousand eight
hundred!) screenshots from 1997 to today. Feed your Windows PC with this
CD and the "slide show" will keep you busy for a few days!
Latest references, see
<www.klingenfuss.org/ref.htm>~

Mike Richards G4WNC, Decode editor of Radio User, United Kingdom - APR
2006:
"Radio Data Code Manual ... This remains the most comprehensive reference
manual for data signals that is generally available. Whilst there are some
excellent reference sources on the Internet, a single publication with
such detailed information remains a powerful tool for the data enthusiast.
The teleprinter alphabet section not only shows details of the various
systems, but is set-out in tabular form so you can quickly spot the key
features. For those interested in unknown signals, section 5 provides in-
depth analysis of the operation of a wide range of modes and sub-modes.
With the help of a few analysis tools and this excellent manual you should
be able to classify unknown signals very efficiently."

Alfredo Gallerati IK7JGI in Associazione Radioamatori Italiani's Radio
Rivista, Italy - APR 2006:
"Una guida molta aggiornata, sopratutto di facile consultazione, e la 2006
Shortwave Frequency Guide. Joerg Klingenfuss: 'Cosa c'e di meglio? Solo
noi, e nessun altro, pubblichiamo tutti i dati anche in versione CD.' "

Defence Special Signals School, Bletchley Wing, Corporal Gary Hamilton,
Chicksands, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom - 10 MAR 2006:
"2005/2006 Guide to Utility Radio Stations ... Radio Data Code Manual ...
Without the help of your literature over the past couple of months the
course I have just completed would have been a lot more difficult."

Gayle and Larry van Horn, Assistant Editors of Monitoring Times, United
States of America - MAR 2006:
"2006 Super Frequency List on CD ... If you use a computer in your
listening post, this is an extremely useful reference to have running
while tuning the HF radio spectrum. We were particularly impressed with
its ease of use, and its search and sort capability. Given the bright
future of e-book publishing, it is nice to see Klingenfuss support both
print and electronic formats for some of his more popular publications.

The 2006 Shortwave Frequency Guide and the 2006 Super Frequency List on CD
are two of our favorite annual reference publications that we use in our
radio listening post. Regardless of what portion of the HF spectrum you
prowl, these two publications will provide a lot of listening information
at your fingertips. Either or both deserve a place next to your radio."

Mike Richards G4WNC, Decode editor of Radio User, United Kingdom - MAR
2006:
"Radio Data Code Manual ... This is a wonderful reference book that
contains a host of otherwise difficult to find information. If you are
serious about finding and decoding some of the more advanced systems this
manual is pretty much a necessity. Section 4 contains some excellent
summaries of the various teleprinter alphabets that you are likely to
encounter. These are compared side-by- side, so it's easy to spot and
compare the different parameters. These tables are essential if you're
attempting any bit analysis work. Section 5 is another gem with a detailed
look at all the main systems that you will find on HF. As well as general
descriptions of the modes, there are detailed charts explaining the inner
workings of both the synchronisation and error correction routines. The
illustrations are excellent and convey what is complex information in an
easy to digest format. I've just covered the highlights here, but there's
lots more information tucked away in this excellent publication."

Megahertz, France - FEB 2006:
"2006 Shortwave Frequency Guide ... Les ouvrages de Joerg Klingenfuss font
partie de patrimoine du radio-ecouteur."

Bud Peed, United States of America - 05 FEB 2006:
"2005/2006 Guide to Utility Radio Stations ... Radio Data Code Manual ...
Have been a great fan of your books for years. They are never discarded,
only read over and over! Your books are spot on and a big help in my
hobby! Well done."

Anker Petersen, Chairman of Danish Shortwave Clubs International, in
Shortwave Nx - 16 JAN 2006:
"2006 Super Frequency List on CD ... total of 19,100 utility and broadcast
entries on SW. This modern tool is very easy to use on a PC using Windows
and has excellent search functions for specific freqs, countries,
stations, langs, call signs and times - or any combination thereof! 2006
Shortwave Frequency Guide ... I prefer it when I scan the SW broadcast
bands, because the current schedule and lang is available at each
frequency. Very comprehensive, up-to-date and accurate and absolutely
worth purchasing!"

Bob Padula, Australia, in Electronic DX Press - JAN 2006:
"2006 Super Frequency List on CD ... Access time for retrieving the data
is in milliseconds, and searches may also be made for specific freqs,
countries, abbreviations, langs, callsigns and times. 2006 Shortwave
Frequency Guide ... Timely additional information is included about
technological developments in HF broadcasting, including digital
modulation, and an in- depth introduction to SW radio monitoring. Content
based on actual monitoring by the author and a team of experts around the
world."

Fritz Nusser, Switzerland - 16 January 2006:
"Radio Data Code Manual ... 2006 Super Frequency List on CD ... Besten
Dank fuer die gleichbleibend hohe Qualitaet Ihrer Produkte."

Massimo Petrantoni, Italy - 14 January 2006:
"2006 Super Frequency List on CD ... 2005/2006 Guide to Utility Radio
Stations ... E un prodotto validissimo che non teme confronti."

Best wishes, Joerg Klingenfuss
Klingenfuss Publications - Klingenfuss Radio Monitoring
Hagenloher Str. 14, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany
<www.klingenfuss.org>
<info @ klingenfuss.org>
(Oct 5)
*#*#**#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#

Medium Wave Circle announces 2 new CDs.

Dear Radio Friend
I hope you do not mind me approaching you again to ask for a little help
publicising two new CDs available through the Medium Wave Circle. We have
just published two more new CDs of interest to radio enthusiasts in
addition to the three we published earlier this year.
The two new CDs are:
*  Offshore Radio Collection CD
*  Reprint CD
We would greatly appreciate it if you could help publicise the CDs in your
publication or website, as we feel certain that many radio enthusiasts
around the world would be interested in them.

Below I've enclosed a text summary of the CDs. You can also find this
along with pricing information on our website here:
<http://www.mwcircle.org/mcd.htm>

Our website also includes full ordering information - orders can be by
mail order or on-line. We have recently introduced secure on-line payment
via credit card or Paypal account at
<www.mwcircle.org/shop.htm>

All previous CDs, including Radio Caroline 1983-1987 and  Laser 558 1984-
1986, are still available.

Thanking you in anticipation
Steve Whitt General Editor Medium Wave News
<www.mwcircle.org editor  mwcircle.org>

SUMMARY OF CD CONTENTS
Reprint CD ===========
Over the years the Medium Wave Circle Reprint Service has provided paper
copies of articles that have appeared in MWN's. The rising costs of
postage and copying now makes this service unviable. We have now scanned
all the 240+ titles, approx. 1400 pages, in the reprint catalogue in PDF
format onto a double CD. Now you can view and/or print out any reprint you
wish. The Reprint CD is priced at only ?9 including postage and packing!
The CD includes a menu, autorun function and the latest version of Adobe
Reader 7T.

Offshore Radio Collection CD ============================
Our latest CD, The Offshore Radio Collection, features several hours of
recordings from Radio Caroline North, recordings from Radio Caroline
South, Radio Atlanta, Radio City, Radio England & Radio 227. From 1962,
there are a couple of shows from the Scandinavian offshore station Radio
Nord. There are 3 hours from the 1997 Radio London RSL broadcasting off
the Essex coast. From BBC Radio Humberside, there is a feature programme
about Radio Northsea International, and from BBC Radio York, there are
several hours of their recent tribute programme to Radio 270. Plus much
more!
MWC CD Title UK Europe Rest Of World
MWN Volume 49 o5 ?10 US $12
MWN Volume 50 o5 ?10 US $12
MWN Volume 51 o5 ?10 US $12
UK/Ireland LW and MW Transmitters o5 ?10 US $12
Radio Caroline 1984-1986 Double CD o9 ?15 US $19
Laser Radio 1984-1986 Double CD o9 ?15 US $19
Sony ICF2010/ICF2001D Archive CD o5 ?10 US $12
The Reprint CD o9 ?15 US $19
The Offshore Collection CD o5 ?10 US $12
ORDERING ========
This can be by post or on-line. For secure online ordering please visit
the website <www.mwcircle.org/shop.htm>
By Mail Order please place your order by writing to: Medium Wave Circle,
59 Moat Lane, Luton LU3 1UU, United Kingdom. Please clearly indicate what
you want to order and your name & address, and remember to include
payment.
Cheques etc: All payments should be made to "Medium Wave Circle". In the
UK a cheque or Postal Order is preferred. All overseas non-cash payments
(e.g. bank draft, International Postal Money Order, Girocheque) must be in
GBP Sterling. We regret that we can no longer accept Eurocheques due the
high cost of handling them.
Cash payments can be accepted in GBP Sterling or the equivalent in any
major currency (please NO coins)but Sterling, Euro's or US dollars are
preferred. Please allow for exchange rates and round up the amount you
send. (e.g. if cost is ?14.4 please send 15). We recommend registered post
for cash sent via the post. If you cannot transfer money we will accept
correctly franked International Reply Coupons at a rate of 2.5 per GBP
(e.g. 25 IRCS = GBP10).
(MWC, Oct 1)

vy73 de Wolfgang DF5SX
***END^