ARLA/CLUSTER: Rádio Stª Helena, Atlântico Sul.

Carlos L.R. de A.Gonçalves carlos-relvas sapo.pt
Sexta-Feira, 3 de Novembro de 2006 - 22:54:45 WET

Caro Carlos Fonseca:

A iniciativa da ressuscitar a R.Stª Helena na sua emissão anual em OC,
outrora feita pelo tx de comunicações da Cable & Wireless, foi do nosso
Colega Robert Kipp, americano residente na Alemanha.

Digo "nosso", porque eu e ele somos membros do DWSCI  www.dswci.org.
Extracto do boletim DX Window 309, de 18Out'06:

More special DSWCI Jubilee broadcasts

R St. Helena (RSH) "Revival" broadcasts will be transmitted on 11092.5 USB
on Saturday, Nov 04, 2006 at:

1800 - 1930 to  New Zealand  (via short path)
2000 - 2130 to  JAPAN  (via short path)
2200 - 2330 to  Europe
2330 (Sat.) - 0100 (Sunday UTC) to  North America.

RSH is going to issue a new QSL card for these special broadcasts. It will
take several months to process the reception reports, so please be patient.
Only reception reports sent by regular mail will be accepted. E-mail reports
will NOT be accepted. Return postage is absolutely required and is "at
 least" three new IRC's or "Greenstamps". "At least" means that RSH welcomes
donations at any time and in any amount.

All reports should be addressed to: Ms. Laura Lawrence, Station Manager,
Radio St. Helena, Broadway House, Jamestown, Island of St. Helena, South
Atlantic Ocean STHL 1ZZ. (Kipp)

These four RSH broadcasts are also regarded as special programmes in
connection with the 50th anniversary of the DSWCI on Nov 18, 2006.

The DSWCI is going to verify correct reception reports on these programmes
by our special DSWCI QSL-card, if return postage (1 IRC, 1 U.S. Dollar or 1
Euro) is enclosed. Please send your reports to DSWCI, Tavleager 31, DK-2670
Greve, Denmark. (Ed)
                                 e ainda....
Extrato do Boletim DX Window 310, de 01Nov'06:

SAINT HELENA
11092.5USB, R St. Helena, 1504-1649*, Oct 30, testing, female DJ playing
Kenny Rodgers (I guess) songs. A fady and not too strong signal, but getting
better later. Clear ID at 1606. (Birkhahn, Savolainen, Scaglione and Cecconi
in HCDX). Later on Oct 30, Robert Kipp sent us the following e-mail:

" Hello Everyone,
Radio St. Helena is BACK on the air on shortwaves and is ready for the
Revival transmissions on 04. November on 11092.5 in USB starting at 2200 to
Europe (1800 to New Zealand , 2000 to Japan and 2330 UTC to North America).

Today we successfully tested the power amplifier and antenna system. We
broadcast over two hours long under the exact conditions of the broadcasts
on Saturday. We used a full 1000 Watts output to the 3-element Yagi-Uda beam
antenna. Both Cable and Wireless and the BBC on Ascension Island reported
back to us that we had strong signals and excellent modulation. This was
also reported to us by email by Mr. Jari Savolainen of Kuusankoski in
FINLAND !! The staff at RSH were thrilled to learn that our signals were
heard that far away.

We at Radio St. Helena are READY for the Radio St. Helena Day Revival 2006
broadcasts on 04. November.

NOTE: If you try to call in by telephone, you will probably get a busy
signal, so just keep trying. We will handle the calls as quickly as
possible. PLEASE remember the NEW address ( PO Box 24 ) for reception
reports. Look at www.sthelena.se/radioproject for some photos of the
Project.

O Robert Kipp, que me visitou em Lisboa, é o sujeito de barba e blusão
escuro, 3º a contar da esqª, na 1ª foto (clicar em "Antenna erected Oct 20"
da págª supra - www.sthelena.se/radioproject.

Nos últimos 3 anos em que tb. me juntei aos ouvintes da R.Stª Helena, ainda
no séc. passado...., o sinal era bastante razoável.
Meditação... histórica: Ascensão, Stª Helena, Tristão da Cunha, todas quase
no mesmo "enfiamento", todas descobertas portuguesas, todas abandonadas
por desinteresse, como outras, actualmente (ainda) nas mãos de europeus,
outras já não.

73.
Carlos Gonçalves.