ARLA/CLUSTER : RDPi-R.Portugal vs. "R.Portugal".

Carlos L.R. de A.Gonçalves carlos-relvas sapo.pt
Quarta-Feira, 31 de Maio de 2006 - 15:48:40 WEST

PORTUGAL
Despite the info. obtained from the MCR group stns
R.Comercial/R.Club(Português)/"R.Portugal" the other day about having
actually registered the "brand" "Rádio Portugal" for its temporary b/casts*
till the end of the World F/ball Cup in Germany, the RDP has just confirmed
to me both "RDPi [internacional] - Rádio Portugal" & "RDP - R.Portugal" were
in fact subject to an international registration after all.

Consequentely, the RDP Legal Dept. is evaluating the situation so as to put
an end to Média Capital Rádio's use of that name albeit temporarily.  I hope
they succeed and put an end to the abbuse!

*) via R.Comercial/RC(P) MW txs of Canidelo 783 kHz 10 kW & Belmonte 1035
kHz 100 kW; as also reported in previous mssgs., Canidelo is to be replaced
by new site Avanca 100 kW some time during
June, i.e. if everything runs as expected.

It's sad that it takes legalities to solve a matter which shouldn't be
supposed to trigger off such a mess.   RDPi-R.Portugal or simply R.Portugal
is known internationally for a very long time, especially the latter name,
which dates back from the time when "RDP" was called Emissora Nacional de
Radiodifusão.

Best 73,
Carlos.