ARLA/CLUSTER : RE: [HFpack] VHF intercom freq 144.300 Re: Mobile HF/VHF to DaytonHamvention

Miguel Andrade ct1etl clix.pt
Sábado, 20 de Maio de 2006 - 12:50:12 WEST

Hello everybody,

With all respect let me inform you that here in Europe ( and at IARU Region
1 in general ), we use the frequency 144,300 MHz just on SSB for
international DX call.
Please be so kind and take a look at IARU Region 1 VHF/UHF/Microwaves
Bandplans.
In fact, many of us can testify for you an interesting SSB activity at this
side of Atlantic on this segment, ( as well as a few brief clashes from time
to time with some “ FMers “ that don’t know yet the international
procedures ).
I am not talking about contest activity but daily DX contacts in SSB (
please take in consideration several cluster sources like the Dxrobot and
others ).
At this side we do call a lot for long distant contacts in 144,300 MHz ( and
than move quickly above or below for QSO ).
If your activity would take place in North America or any other place in
Region 2 or 3, I believe there is no problem at all, but if will be for a
world wide plan please think about it and consider my information.
Let me wish you all the best and take care.

73’s from Miguel ( CT1ETL )