ARLA/CLUSTER : Pro-Funk, Sines.

Carlos L.R. de A.Gonçalves carlos-relvas sapo.pt
Quarta-Feira, 3 de Maio de 2006 - 19:29:13 WEST

PORTUGAL
The DW relay stn in Sines is operated by Pro-Funk, its full name in German
being "Pro-Funk, Gesellschaft Für Rundfunk Im In- Und Ausland mbH", so,
typically, "Pro-Funk GmbH" is the shorter version, and I'm sure many
non-German speakers may have already stumbled into these letters,GmbH, which
rougly translate into English as "Ltd." for limited.

Postal addr.:
Monte Mudo,
P-7520-065 SINES
P O R T U G A L

tel +351-269- 87 02 80
fax +351-269-87 02 90
e-mail: profunk  mail.telepac.pt

A contact within Pro-Funk, Limitada (the Portuguese name for it), Carlos
Mourato CT4RK, who lives in Sines and works at the station, explained the
following after my recent comment on the possibility of spurii emanating
from this relay be the cause of the sort of noise I observed on the 60 m
band:

"Our txs are adequately trimmed and constantly monitored so that the noise
band obs'ed. 3 kHz above/below is of at least -50dB.  Secondly, we only
b/cast on 3995 kHz after 2200 and on 5980 kHz 2100-2200, with all the
remaining fqs where DRM is used falling in the 11 & 15 MHz bands.

Today [01May'06] for instance, the noise band on 5980 kHz was -48 dB 1 kHz
on either side, i.e. on 5986 & 5974 kHz, the signal was 48 dB down relative
to the power peak.   Please note the DRM signal shows a steady value over
the 10 kHz bandwidth, i.e. 5975~5985 kHz."

73,
Carlos.