ARLA/CLUSTER : DX material.

Carlos L.R. de A.Gonçalves carlos-relvas sapo.pt
Terça-Feira, 27 de Junho de 2006 - 19:27:58 WEST

Dear Wolfgang,

More items to come, but not until the 10~11th July.   Meanwhile...

NEW ZEALAND
I've been awaiting the regular R.NZi schedule (4 Jun~2 Sep), but they kept
the temporary one which was supposed to run 11~25 Jun, which is what I could
observe earlier today and now as I write (1809, 27Jun), so something really
wrong is going one at the unmanned Rangitaiki site.   Meanwhile, 13730 &
15720 evenings have been mediocre; 7145 mornings is only of some use well
before 1200 to "emerge" again late afternoon but as a useless signal.
(Carlos Gonçalves - POR)

PORTUGAL
This is actually no DX.    The RDPi - and surely many other stns - simply
cannot air live match reports during the World Cup on HF or MF, just on
VHF-FM, apparently due to FIFA restrictions aiming at keeping all such
reports within one's borders.   However, they're making extensive use of
their special b/casts slots to provide comments on the match; in the middle
of last week for instance, they simply adapted the regular schedule and the
special b/casts one to the time at which the game was on, meaning one of two
freqs. that were supposed to be used later were already on the air.   At
that particular day, even the special b/casts times were pulled being
because of the time difference POR-D.   I've read "somewhere", Portuguese
fans won't have to worry any longer after next Sat. or Sunday (I'm not sure
for I don't care a bit about f/ball): I wonder what the usual snobs will say
if the same what happened here in Portugal back in 2004 during the Euro 2004
(home team vs. UK) is duplicated...   So far at least and for the delight of
all fans concerned, "Portucale victor est."  Ah well, there's a Latin saying
that goes like "panem et circenses" which I think ajusts to all this
paranoia.
(Carlos Gonçalves - POR)

73,
Carlos.