ARLA/CLUSTER : FW: [HFpack] HF Pack Frequencies - USB?

Miguel Andrade ct1etl clix.pt
Segunda-Feira, 31 de Julho de 2006 - 21:12:00 WEST

Já sabiam disto ?

73's de CT1ETL - Miguel

-----Mensagem original-----
De: hfpack  yahoogroups.com [mailto:hfpack  yahoogroups.com]Em nome de Chuck
Milam, KF9FR
Enviada: sábado, 29 de Julho de 2006 23:23
Para: hfpack  yahoogroups.com
Assunto: Re: [HFpack] HF Pack Frequencies - USB?

David Garrett wrote:

> I noticed that at the bottom of each post I received from HF Pack
> User group that it has the mode for 40 and 75/80 meters as USB.
> Shouldn't the mode be LSB ?

USB is correct. Here is the explanation
(http://hflink.com/hfpack/freq.html):

"Upper SideBand (USB) is now the standard on all HF bands for HFpack SSB
voice QSOs, including the bands below 10MHz! USB has become the
international standard for non-amateur HF SSB voice and other modulation
methods. The HFpack and HFLINK groups have adopted the UpperSideBand
Standard to achieve complete compatibility with a wide variety of
commercial and mil portable HF radio systems that amateurs are using.
With the advent of simultaneous "multimedia" SSB voice, CW, image, text,
selcall, ALE Automatic Link Establishment, HF-APRS, and digitized QSOs
on the same channel, UpperSideBand standardization will become even more
important."

- --
Chuck Milam, KF9FR
KF9FR  arrl.net

Version: GnuPG v1.4.3 (MingW32)

__._,_.___
Messages in this topic (3) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic
Messages
http://hfpack.com
ALWAYS Snip or DELETE the ORIGINAL MESSAGE before replying!
--
All messages should be friendly, helpful, and courteous.
Sign your message with your NAME and CALLSIGN.

--

.

You are receiving Individual Emails Change Delivery Settings
 32New Members
Visit Your Group
Emergency communication
Alternative energy