ARLA/CLUSTER : Portugal.

Carlos L.R. de A.Gonçalves carlos-relvas sapo.pt
Quarta-Feira, 12 de Julho de 2006 - 23:25:20 WEST

Dear Mrs. Ritz,

Here's another annoying (you'll see why...) piece of news.

PORTUGAL
1035 kHz 100 kW Belmonte & Canidelo 783 kHz 10 kW of
R.Comercial/R.Club(Português) finally dropped the temporary ID "R.Portugal"
on the 10th inst., as announced, because the f/ball world cup ended on that
date.   However, instead of resuming RC(P) programming, they're putting a
diff. prgr... under the defunct ID of "Rádio Nacional"!... The good thing is
that the VHF-FM network carried on with RC(P) prgr during the World Cup, and
still does, so I think "R.Nacional" is something to be shortlived until
September, when the stn is, as I reported weeks ago, to become a news/talk
radio.

As I feared, the name "Rádio Portugal" was lauched by the group, and,
apparently, the RDP didn't succeed in putting an end to it before the "panem
et circenses" show in Germany ended meaning MCR managed to go ahead with
that name.

To this date, the new site of Avanca 783 kHz 100 kW is not operational yet,
though the antenna is already in place.   It consists of a lattice tower
with several vertical elements around it.  The hut housing the coupling
circuit is ready, but the transmission line is not to be seen yet.   At any
rate the estimated start of this new site is this Summer.

Best regards,
Carlos.