ARLA/CLUSTER: Detail correction; rec'ed info; other stuff.

Carlos L.R. de A.Gonçalves carlos-relvas sapo.pt
Sábado, 16 de Dezembro de 2006 - 22:51:49 WET

Good evening, Wolfgang, and good late evening, Mauno!

CLANDESTINE
Polisario Front's 1550 kHz outlet via Tindouf, ALG, offers a better audio
than on \\ new 6215, ex-7460.   Obs'ed it y/day, 15 Dec, 2300 so as to know
exactly which freqs. the Spanish speaking announcers would mention, but
nothing of the sort, just prgr ann's.   Their usual s/on tune seems to have
been replaced by a more informal prgr start.  (Carlos Gonçalves- POR)

SYRIA
In my y/day's rpt."Re. Tarek Zaidan's rpt in BC-DX 786 dtd. 15 Dec abt.
ORTAS 783 kHz Tartus,it's been logged on 12 Dec 2315-2323 with Arabic
prgr, jingle, ID talks (news?) on Iraq; 54433, QRM de E.   Maybe, like Tarek
tells us,  783 is being kept 24 h due to the sad events in the region and
the fact that it's an outlet used by the foreign sce. too?  (Carlos
Gonçalves - POR)"

Mauno Ritola in "Suomi" says about it that the old sched. indicated s/off at
0040.   (Carlos Gonçalves - POR)

UNID
In this other 15 Dec rpt...
1476.2 (also reported not long ago), 1921-..., 14 Dec, heterodyne with UNID
Arabic speaking stn (UAE?, but then too weak).   Could this be BEN testing
on inactive 1476?   Rough RF seems to point south.  (Carlos Gonçalves -
POR)"

..... Mauno too informs IRN was obs'ed s/off 2102 today, 16 Dec, on 1476.26,
so it might be my UNID.   Well, the point is, Mauno, all I could hear was an
empty carrier at a level high enough to also detect audio on it, should
there be some.    BEN was nothing but a guess of mine, but I've logged it
ages ago on 1476v.   By  the way, kindly note "Rough RF" should read "DF"
instead, for direction finding that is. (Carlos Gonçalves - POR)

73,
Carlos.