ARLA/CLUSTER : 5915 is really ZMB.

Carlos L.R. de A.Gonçalves carlos-relvas sapo.pt
Quarta-Feira, 30 de Agosto de 2006 - 22:53:29 WEST

Dear Glenn,

I'm back from the SW coast place.   Thanks for your 26th inst. mail.

Yes, I was able to confirm on 28AUG what Kouji Hashimoto in J reported in
Japan Premedium.   Just y/day, 29/8, they were vy. strong prior to 1900,
better than when I first tuned to them, on 23/8 2114-2203*, at which time
the "menu" usually consists of phone-ins, many "hello" & "Radio One" IDs.

Curiously, the ISR outlet 5915 is "far back"; in fact, hardly received via
my 80 m mini-Bev. at 150º/CeAfr.   The main QRM is adjacent, viz. from 5910.

Also strong are the reactived Polisario Front 7460 & 700 kHz outlets.
Obviously, 700 kHz fade in latter than 1550 kHz, but remain fair~good after
getting stable, and as I put it moments ago to Anker, its audio is sometimes
better than on // 7460.

The other two African "puzzles" if I may say so kept puzzling me for days
after first stumbling into them:
7220 R.Centrafrique, 17AUG 1019-1211
7270 RD.TV Gabonaise, 26AUG 1338-1520

I was unable to track them again since.   Maybe it's due to propagation, but
I'm really more inclined to believe they aren't regular.    Guinea 7125 for
instance is almost inaudible some days, off on others (I say "off" because
neighbouring MTN 7245 is well heard), and vy. good on other occasions.

Another "interesting" African stn:
7230 / 5030 R.Burkina.   Even y/day, 29/8, both outlets were "pumping" the
carrier, no audio.    Don't they notice this?!

Audio matters:
R.Nigeria & VoNigeria audio is, well....  On 26/8 at 1511-1529, the former
was putting better audio than VoNIG 7255, only the carrier was weaker.

73,
Carlos.