ARLA/CLUSTER : FW: [HFpack] Italy QSO from boat (N0LX audio recording)!

Miguel Andrade ct1etl clix.pt
Domingo, 23 de Abril de 2006 - 23:19:19 WEST

-----Mensagem original-----
De: hfpack  yahoogroups.com [mailto:hfpack  yahoogroups.com]Em nome de
Jake
Enviada: domingo, 23 de Abril de 2006 2:11
Para: hfpack  yahoogroups.com
Assunto: [HFpack] Italy QSO from boat (N0LX audio recording)!

As promised, here is a one-minute mp3 of yesterday's contact to Italy.

http://www.n0lx.com/ik4gro.mp3

During the first 15 seconds you can hear some QRM from the dog kennel
that is adjacent to the lake. Later you can hear Canadian geese
squawking, but it doesn't sound too bad overall. All I did was cut out
about half of the QSO to save on file size and adjusted the volume. It
was my first time I used my new Sony Sound Forge program.

I was using the FT-817, a 33-foot, vertical end-fed wire supported by
an MFJ pole in the bow and a $20 computer headset. I held my iRiver
voice recorder/mp3 player under one earpiece of the headset to get the
receive audio. Eventually I need to directly wire it in to the radio.

Jake, N0LX

http://hfpack.com
ALWAYS Snip or DELETE the ORIGINAL MESSAGE before replying!
--
All messages should be friendly, helpful, and courteous.
Sign your message with your NAME and CALLSIGN.

--

.
Yahoo! Groups Links