ARLA/CLUSTER : FW: [HFpack] Experimenting with an interesting antenna

Miguel Andrade ct1etl clix.pt
Quarta-Feira, 19 de Abril de 2006 - 22:41:36 WEST

-----Mensagem original-----
De: hfpack  yahoogroups.com [mailto:hfpack  yahoogroups.com]Em nome de
EA5XQ(Juan A. Bertolin)
Enviada: quarta-feira, 19 de Abril de 2006 15:20
Para: hfpack  yahoogroups.com
Assunto: [HFpack] Experimenting with an interesting antenna

Hi all again

After trying to replicate the DXSR-VFD4 version, I have been searching
some additional information in Inet for the sake of trying to improve
"my own version". I found some very interesting information in the
following links. A very good analysis is showed in the second and third
one (also some formulae to calculate the Windom for 1.8Mhz)

http://www.packetradio.com/windom.htm

http://www.stroobandt.com/antennas/windom/index.html

http://www.cebik.com/gup/gup9.html

So far I was able to work Eastern European stations with 1 and 2Watts
with no so much trouble (bearing in mind the current place of the
antenna not optimal and the propagation status today, no very good). I
was using 4:1 balun but after reading the docs aforementioned I'm going
to build a 6:1 and test it. I modeled the antenna with MMANA to see the
behaviour in the different bands. "My version" is 7.20m short side and
13.5 long side (not valid for 80m or 15m). The 7.20m short side is in
vertical shape and the long side is folded.

I'm going to follow experimenting with this so simple but interesting
antenna

Best 73

Juan, EA5XQ

--
EA5XQ, QRA:Juan, QTH:Almazora, LOC:IM99XW
E-MAIL: ea5xq.juan  gmail.com

http://hfpack.com
ALWAYS Snip or DELETE the ORIGINAL MESSAGE before replying!
--
All messages should be friendly, helpful, and courteous.
Sign your message with your NAME and CALLSIGN.

--

.
Yahoo! Groups Links